Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I'm not the greatest cook, in fact, all I did while growing up was microwave things. My mother tended to make the same 5 dishes a week, and the other days we just ate out. Now that I'm married, I've picked up a few recipes that even I can do.

Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge is tasty, but not as good as traditionally made fudge. The consistency of the fudge just doesn't come out quite right, the fudge is softer in texture, but still yummy. This recipe was passed on to me by an online friend many months ago.

What you will need:

1 cup of butter
1 cup of peanut butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 pound of powdered sugar
8x8 buttered pan lined with wax paper

Microwave butter and peanut butter for 2 minutes on high, then stir them together and microwave for 2 more minutes. Add vanilla and powdered sugar, mix with wooden spoon. Pour into a buttered 8x8 pan lined with wax paper. Place a second piece of wax paper on the surface. Refrigerate until cool.

No comments: